Later this afternoon we went on a 'promenade' with 5 of the dogs. First we went to a field and let them run. The greyhounds and whippets are so graceful! And of course they remind me of the pharaohs' majestic dogs. Then we walked for another hour or so along the river on a sort of bike path. It was beautiful and sunny, and the dogs were so happy! Put( Pewt--a shih-tzu who is one of the special dogs allowed in the house all the time) had to be carried now and then. Julia says he reminds her of a rabbit.
Things I have learned:
1. A lot of people smoke
2. They grow corn here
3. Brussels is the greenest capitol in Europe
4. 4 or 5 new card games from Iceland and Belgium
5. Their floors are mostly tile
6. Most schools in this area are Catholic
7. Their paper is longer than ours
8. They have so many different kinds of cheese all the time!
9. In Iceland they only have 5 comics in the newspaper
10. I can almost say the word for Christmas Eve in icelandic. Sort of.