Tuesday, June 14, 2011

5 Wonderful Belgian Things That I Will Miss

1. Public transport. Trains, buses, TGV's...you can get anywhere and everywhere without needing a license or going to the gas station.
2. Cava? Cava. Et toi? Cava. This one word does everything. How are you? Fine. You ok? I'm fine. Alright. And that's without bringing the infinitive into play.
3. Bisous! Kissing people hello is just so friendly. Cold stuffy Americans just wave. Although having glasses can be a bit dangerous.
4. The food. Having 30 kinds of cheese to choose from is lovely. And then there's the chocolate, waffles, fruited beer, mayo, and américain. And this is why I will need a diet when I go home.
5. Most of all, the people. My host family feels like my own family, and our extended family of friends has a special spot in my heart. Being in a house without 10 dogs will seem quite empty.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a student from Maine who will be spending next year in Belgium! It's fun reading your posts to get a little better idea of what to expect next year. I can't wait to see all these things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey! Feel free to email me if you have any more questions. You're going to love Belgium! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete