Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Random Things I Have Stumbled Upon



1.                    Icelanders and Belgians don’t know their national anthems and don’t give a rip. 
2.                    Unopened milk isn’t kept in the fridge. And I suspect that there’s some kind of sugar added or something; it tastes different.
3.                    Sandwiches are wrapped in foil or put in plastic containers, but never saran-wrapped.
4.                    I found a Belgian who likes peanut butter and jelly and peanut butter and banana sandwiches!!!
5.                    I guess Belgians do eat breakfast. I thought they didn’t, but I have been corrected.
6.                    Europeans drink lots of coke, pepsi, sprite, and other sodas, but I have yet to see any rootbeer.
7.                    I haven’t seen any reusable water bottles, metal or plastic.
8.                    There are no comics in Icelandic or Belgian newspapers. Although comics originated in Belgium.
9.                    Belgians are speed demons when it comes to showers. I am still working on catching up.
10.                It’s a Belgian tradition that a broom stands for every birthday. Marianne bought Alice’s mom 40 brooms as a gag for her 40th birthday.
11.      The date is logically written day-month-year instead of month-day-year. Crazy Americans. 



No comments:

Post a Comment